So, you’re finally ready to take the plunge and open your very own business. Congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment, and you should be proud of yourself for making it this far. But now the real work begins. In order to make a splash with your new business, you’ll need to build hype leading up to your opening, secure a niche, and keep yourself relevant online by using social media. Let’s take a closer look at each of these topics.
Building Hype Leading Up To Your Opening
Partner up with a creative advertising company to help get the word out about your event. If you really want to build hype, you’ll want guerilla marketing techniques! Unlike traditional advertising methods, guerrilla marketing involves unconventional tactics that are often surprising and interactive. This can be a great way to get people talking about your business and generate some excitement leading up to your opening. These can be a great way to generate buzz without spending a lot of money. If you aren’t very tech-savvy, the agency can handle this for you. Guerilla marketing works best if you combine it with social media’s reach, too!
Secure a Niche
It’s important to remember that you won’t be able to please everyone, so it’s crucial that you find a niche market and focus on catering to their needs. This doesn’t mean that you can’t adjust your offerings down the line, but it’s important to have a solid foundation to start from. If you try to be everything to everyone, you’ll end up being nothing to no one.
Keep Yourself Relevant Online by Using Social Media
In today’s day and age, it’s more important than ever before to have an active presence on social media. This is how you’ll stay relevant and top-of-mind for potential customers—after all, there are over 302 million social media users in the US alone.
Use social media to share updates about your business, offer promotions or discounts, and interact with your customers directly. If you have a niche, you can strengthen your community by interacting with them here. If you’re not sure where to start, simply creating accounts on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is a good first step. You can also use Facebook and Instagram Ads to target potential customers who might be interested in what you do.
Strengthen Your Digital Presence
Apart from having social media profiles, your business should have a website and a blog. Your website is your online home base, and it should be designed in a way that impresses potential customers and makes them want to learn more about what you do. It should also be easy to navigate, so people can find the information they’re looking for quickly and easily.
Your blog is also an important part of your online presence. It’s a place where you can share your thoughts on your industry, offer advice, or write about your latest products or services. This is a great way to show potential customers that you’re an expert in your field and that you know what you’re talking about. Plus, it’s a great way to get people interested in what you do and inspire them to take the next step and contact you for more information. Lastly, the articles you publish on your blog can create a connection between customers’ needs or problems and your business’s services, products, and solutions.
When it comes to promoting your website and blog, there are a number of things you can do to get the word out there. Here are some of the best ways to get started:
- Use social media to share updates about your website and blog, offer promotions or discounts, and interact with your customers directly. This is a great way to get people interested in what you do and inspire them to take the next step and visit your site or blog. This also makes your marketing campaign more cohesive, as you will be combining two strategies.
- Make sure your website and blog are easy to find online. Add your website’s URL to your social media profiles, include it in your email signature, and mention it in any online bios or profiles you have.
- Write guest posts for other websites in your industry. This is a great way to reach a new audience and show off your expertise. Plus, when you include a link to your website or blog in the author bio, you’ll get some valuable backlinks that will help improve your SEO ranking.
- Reach out to bloggers and journalists in your industry and offer them free products or services in exchange for a review or mention on their site or blog. A media kit goes a long way to get exposure for your business and attract new visitors.
- Use online tools like Google AdWords or SERP optimizers. These tools allow you to target people based on their interests, demographics, or even past behavior.
There’s no doubt about it—opening a new business is no easy feat. But if you want your business to be successful, it’s important that you make a splash when you first open your doors. By building hype leading up to your opening, securing a niche market, and staying active on social media, you’ll be well on your way to making your new business thrive!